TikTok stopped being place for kids and stupid videos long time ago. Reels that were recently introduced in Instagram app are no longer just place to put slideshows with pretty travel pictures. How can you use both tools to grow your business in social media?
A bit of history of short videos
Few years ago there was an app called Vine and it was back then considered as app for hipsters of that time. Vine was replaced by Musical.ly which was still quite a niche app. Everything changed when Musical.ly was converted into TikTok.
TikTok didn’t want to be just the place for kids and lipsync music videos. They had aggressive campaign with influencers with all over the world (which I was a part of), when they were paid to publish TikToks. But there was no place for dansing and singing. Those paid videos had to be connected to one of specific subjects – I personally had nail tutorials. Algorithm was boosting those videos and in the process more and more people saw a chance to promote their own businesses and initiatives on the platform. TikTok wasn’t just for kids anymore.
Where should I be – on TikTok or Reels?
There’s no one correct answer to that question. It all depends on where you feel more comfortable. However, I have a good news for you. If you ever thought that being on those two platforms at the same time requires twice as much work – it’s not true. You can successfully repost content from Reels to TikTok (and the other way) – just remember to remove app’s watermark (use dedicated tools like Download TikTok without watermark or Download Reels without watermark). If you’re interested in more tips about creating content for both platforms, let me know in the comments.
Advantages of creating short videos
Considering the fact that people want to consume more content in shorter time, making it easier for them is a key to achieve satisfying reach and engagement. Surprisingly, you’re the one who gains something too.
- Recording a TikTok/Reel takes less time. I know it may not be truth at the beginning of your adventure with short videos but practice makes perfect. Find your own way to organize recording sessions to be more efficient and faster. This way you can produce more content in shorter time, which leads us to…
- You can divide your topic into multiple videos. If there’s a problem that you want to solve through your video and it is more complex, you can divide it into multiple videos and make a series out of it. This way you’re posting regular content with specific schedule that helps the algorithm to promote your content.
- Reels are boosted by Instagram. Take advantage of the fact that Reels are new tool in app and Instagram wants you to use it by boosting your reels and giving them more reach than usual posts. This could be your chance to gain new followers that could become your customers in the future.
- TikTok trends are helping you with reaching to new users. Thanks to trends and trending sounds on TikTok, you have another chance to reach your potential clients and followers. Think wisely about the trends you’re watching and take a moment to come up with an idea to transform the trend into a video that is relevant for your business.
- You have a chance to show your personality. It goes well with stories also but short videos are perfect way to show your followers a bit of your personality. You’re not another neutral, boring business. People start following you, like you and if they have a relationship with you, they are more eager to buy from you.
In my opinion, short videos such as Reels and TikToks are the future of marketing and for now there’s no other tool that can give you such impressing reach with relatively small engagement on your side. Take advantage of the boost you can get from app owners while it’s still possible. Remember, if you invest a bit of your time now, you’ll get better results in the future.
What if you don’t have time for creating content for your social media?
Don’t worry – luckily we’re here to help you. We provide professional service of running social media profiles for small and big businesses that don’t feel confident creating entries on their social media profiles.
- We prepare marketing strategy to match your goals – grow your profile or increase sales.
- We create content on regular basis and publish it, taking care of every aspect.
- We run successful ads on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Google.
- We report regularly our results.